Garden Design and Landscaping - Where to Start?
Chris Williams, July 2016
All gardens and landscapes need design. Design simply means that expert, professional thought goes into assessing the potential of a space. Design thinking helps you work through ideas, dreams and expectations, so that an agreed plan helps transform spaces into special garden places. The garden design advice process may be relatively informal; it may for example, be based on a one-off site visit to discuss your ideas, with broad concepts sketched on the spot, combined with a quotation. Often though, garden creation or renovation warrants engaging the services of a full time designer. The designer works with you over one or more visits, discussing and plans that lead to a fully-fledged landscape master plan.
As a professional landscape garden design service for Melbourne, Van Leeuwen Green strongly recommends that you get a landscape garden design completed or simply talk to a garden design consultancy when:
- You are unsure what you are after and want someone to come up with ideas, drawings and plans
- You seek an aesthetic vision beyond the norm, something cutting edge that tests the boundaries
- You know what you want but would like a designer to clarify your ideas and give you a graphic representation of the desired outcome
- The size and complexity of your site/spaces and the construction detailed required needs several site visits and possibly engineering specifications
- You want a vision that integrates and harmonises the hard constructed elements with the living, dynamic soft elements of the landscape ie. the plants
Van Leeuwen Green works with some of the best garden designers in Melbourne. Our approach is to visit you first, work through your ideas and needs and then refer you to a designer that suits your garden and landscape. We then work through the final design to create and implement a long lasting beautiful garden.
So whether you’re looking to redesign your existing garden or planning to design a garden for your new home, contact the team at Van Leeuwen Green. We’ll happily discuss a range of options with you and outline the process to bring your dream garden design to life.